Minion DHF Folding Tire
Maxxis Minion DHF Folding Mountain Bike Tire
With a tread design that deftly balances rolling speed with braking and cornering traction, it’s no wonder why the Minion DHF is one of the most imitated tires in mountain biking. Whether riding local trails, a backcountry epic, racing enduro or World Cup downhill, there’s a Minion DHF spec to meet your needs.
- 3C MAXXTERRA (3CT): An intermediate compound configuration used in select mountain tires. 3C MaxxTerra is softer and offers more traction than 3C MaxxSpeed, yet provides better treadwear and less rolling resistance than MaxxGrip.
- 3C MAXXGRIP (3CG): 3C MaxxGrip uses the softest rubber compounds to offer the ultimate in grip and slow rebound properties for unparalleled traction in downhill applications.
- EXO: An extremely cut-resistant and abrasion-resistant material added to the sidewalls of select mountain tires. This densely woven fabric is also lightweight and highly flexible, ensuring that the performance of the tire remains unaffected. Choose EXO Protection for exceptionally rocky, treacherous trails where the chance of sidewall cuts and abrasions is high.
- EXO+: Our EXO+ construction combines two of our best puncture protection materials: SilkShield and EXO. The SilkShield layer runs from bead-to-bead with a layer of EXO along the sidewalls. Combined, these two materials create EXO+ which improves tread puncture protection by 27%; sidewall durability by 51%; and resistance to pinch flats by 28%.
- Double Down (DD):DoubleDown (DD) is the next step in the evolution of the dual-ply tire casing for enduro racing. Two 120 TPI casing layers reinforced with a butyl insert provide the enduro racer with the support and protection of a downhill tire, but in a lighter package.
- Tubeless Ready (TR):Tubeless tires provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tire; and less chance of flatting because there is no tube. Liquid sealants should only be used in the following types of tires: tubeless road, tubular, and tubeless ready.
- Wide Trail (WT): Wide Trail construction optimizes the tire’s tread layout and profile on today’s modern, wider rims. Traditional tires are designed around older, narrower rims and can create an overly square tire profile, leading to less than optimal performance. WT tires are optimized for a 35mm inner rim width but are proven to work over a range from 30-35mm inner rim widths, depending on the rider’s preference. Maxxis Wide Trail XC tires are optimized for use with 30mm internal width rims, but they will perform well on rims as narrow as 25mm. Maxxis does not recommend rims wider than 30mm or narrower than 25mm
- SUPER TACKY (ST): Super Tacky (ST) is a special low-rebound, high-traction compound used in select mountain tires.
- DOWNHILL (DH): Two layers of casing material are used from bead to bead, providing additional protection and sidewall stiffness for downhill applications.
- Single, dual compound, 3C MaxxTerra, 3C MaxxGrip, or Super Tacky options
- EXO, EXO+, DoubleDown (2×120 TPI), or Downhill (2×60 TPI) casing options
- Wide Trail (WT) sizes are optimized for 35mm inner width rims
- Select specs are Tubeless Ready (TR), confirm in table below
- Category: Trail, Enduro, Downhill
- Recommended use: All trail conditions
- Recommended installation: Front
- Rolling Speed: 2.5/5
- Cornering Control: 3.5/5
- Braking Tracton: 2.5/5